Tuesday, April 22

BEST “THANKS" :)

The incident took place yesterday made me learn the best way of thanking people who help us.
Eager to know, WHAT? Here you GO!

After a day stress in Office I was on my way back home. The journey to home was so no new either to me or the roads- invite numerous people day in and day out to carry out their daily chores to earn bread and butter. 

I wait at the junction for traffic signal to turn GREEN so that I can walk home. Suddenly, I feel someone next to me. But, I paid no attention. It was pretty common  for Me., people do struggle in the chaotic Bangalore traffic, pushing each other in order to reach the respective destined places. Still engrossed in my Smart phone switching the tabs for music, what’s app and not to mention Face Book (FB) (Addiction, I Say :P ) with ear phones glued to ears.

I feel the person next to me holding my Denims. I gaze away from my Smartphone and  a Boy, probably 2nd or 3rd standard student, three feet tall dressed in men’s salwar with a religious white cap revealing his religious status –Muslim, a bag of books in hand. I guessed it to be the Holy book – Quran! Firstly his attire. Secondly, he just walked out of “The Mosque”.

Boy, tugging his fingers to my Denims, tries to cross the road and finds it difficult. People who are so acquainted with Bangalore traffic also have tough times crossing the road. No wonder if this young kid had trouble moving to the other side of the road.

I smiled, took off earphones and hold his hand. He turns to me in an approving manner and SMILES back. It  filled my HEART with so much of JOY, probably even my favorite CHOCOLATE ICE-CREAM at that moment would not have given me :D :P

The kid is so amused to look at big cars, vehicles, bikes moving and irritated at the same time to wait for long at the junction. In the mean time, the signal opens and I ask him to come.

He is so happy to cross the road, he holds my hand and we reach the other end of the road in no time. The moment we reach the other end, the boy pulls me down. I bend down so that his eye catches mine. He instantly gives a HUG, plants a kiss on my cheek and runs away.

Before I could even register what has happened in less than two minutes, the eight year kid had taught me the best way of saying THANK YOU!!



The best thank you are not the thankyou notes , a expensive gift ..it can be in the most common/blatant actions  like a smile or a peck.

An ACTION of GRATITUDE is more affectionate  to a  word of THANK YOU!! Agree, Don't You? :)







You too have something to share?? Please Do!!

Love to Read :)

6 comments:

  1. Nice piece... You've wonderfully put your experience into words.
    So true! Action speaks louder than words... Some times I too try to present a chocolate to people I admire or just want to say a Thank You to. Forget a chocolate, even a sincere thank you with a smile too can work wonders.
    Keep writing and keep posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support :) Haha..Yeah ! Even I feel like presenting a chocolate but this incident turned my mindset completely :)

      Delete
  2. Am very happy Mr.Raghotham that you are not imagining things or roaming in fantasy...but sharing your real experiences which pours your heart out GBU and love to listen from u more tc:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute one :) Yes indeed there is a lot to learn from kids !!

    ReplyDelete