Wednesday, May 14

Once I Lived Happily !

The day starts and ends off with news - positive or negative. The positive news elates us undoubtedly but does negative news move us ? Yes, it does move .

 I was so moved when I read news on rape victims.What wrong did the people do that victims either commit suicide or die out of sheer torture?




 I put myself in the shoes of a rape victim to put her feelings in words before committing suicide.

Once I lived HAPPILY

SMILES spread around
LOVE filled in air
Surrounded by PEOPLE I LIKED

I LIVED HAPPILY 

On a CLOUDY  dusty day
YOU, MONSTER, walked into my LIFE
Forced me INTO you
Tearing every part of ME

Unheard of my PAIN
Unmoved by my CRY
Stabbed me wherever you can
YOU left me satisfied like a MORON
I lie untouched like a DEAD BODY

The moments of your GREED
Shattered MY DREAMS
Trashed MY CONFIDENCE
Took  away the ZEAL TO LIVE 

 I stood HELPLESS, cursing my FATE 
Left with no choice , I leave the LAST BREATH

I LIVED HAPPILY ONCE !!

© Rahul Raghotham

7 comments:

  1. Officially, you a poet now.. lol Jokes apart, you have wonderfully crafted this piece, specially the poem part. I could feel the essence of that poem. Kudos to you for bringing that emotion out.

    Heart-wrecking! I agree with you that something like this not just moves us...it shakes us from inside... How can one human behaves this way to the other? Does that means animals are better than us?
    Lastly, somewhere we too are responsible, as we get all shaken up and think abt it when something like happens...and not otherwise.... Do we really need such incidences to happen to shake us or move us?

    Keep writing and keep posting.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment :) You never appreciate darkness unless there is no sunlight Similarly we need to go through hardships to appreciate the comfort. But , here we are dragged into Hardships more often , which is something we need to revisit our thoughts and act accordingly !

      Delete
  2. Hey Rahul, I was touched while reading the lines in the POEM.

    I feel like SHOOTING the Bastards on the Road . Sorry I was over-reacted.

    Seriously on reading this king of negative news, we will move us.

    Keep Posting and All the Best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anusha, Good to see that my writings have moved you.
      Yeah !! Now its time to act as you suggested. So, no person will be a victim in future.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just one word....A M A Z I N G, even a girl couldnt narrate feeliings so good, now i can see rahul :)

    ReplyDelete