Thursday, October 9

FATHER

Every person who crosses our path will leave an impression either positive or negative on our skin. Similarly,we do have our own perceptions towards them and leave an impressions on them .One person in our life who always lives behind the screen of the film  he crafted (me/you/us) - concealing his emotions , hiding himself in the shade to throw light on our future , silently baring the pain without expecting an acknowledgement from us. He is not God but he is no less to God , yes the person is FATHER.

 This is an attempt to reveal the emotions of  every Father .,  appreciating the hardships he goes through , not allowing us to even understand his mental stability and thought process in our upbringing .

I wasn't settled yet
Your news bewildered
Hesitant for responsibility
Accepted it , after long introspection

As the date approached
Numerous thoughts whirled my mind
Lonely  prayers I did
Concealing my emotions

The day you born , made me FATHER
The day you called , made me COMPLETE

Before I seal you in my memories
You grew into adult
Started building your career

I melted like candle , to earn a penny for you
I lived in dark ,to let you see the light

You hated me for being strict
You scolded me for being miser

You  noticed the bills I paid ?
You  realized the shield around you?

You didn't know,I ripped myself for you

I'm a person with emotions
I'm a person who just cant display them

I know you are so dear to yourself

I don't complain for your behavior
I stay patient for the day to come

I know you will be ME ,  a "FATHER" !!
                
                                              © Rahul Raghotham

4 comments:

  1. Good narration of male's feeling. Good to go brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful heart-touching poem! :)

    As some one said, "Father- A son's first Hero; A daughter's first Love!" Today when people keep praising Mothers for their sacrifice and commitment towards her child, the man who supports her, fathers, are just side-lined. Often, dubbed as strict, stingy and non-understanding... But, deep down we all are aware that he knows everything we are going through. He supports us, care for us, dot us, sacrifice for us... and we understimate everything he does for us as his responsibility... Thanks for highlighting his importance and sacrifices through this poem.

    Kudos to your writing. Hope you keep writing more oftenly. Keep writing and keep posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad for your support and thanks :) Will do write often.

      Delete