Friday, August 1

DARK - Not Always !!

We open our eyes from DARK to see the beauty in LIGHT and retire our eyes to DARK to embark the moments lived in the light, into memory. It's just a normal phenomenon that nature has defined.The phase of DARK is quite normal and it's inevitable in our life.

Today , when I was sitting in silent , a vague thought came to my mind - DARK ! I started weighing my thoughts to understand(in my own limited enlightenment) why and what we need to face DARK.

The words taught in my childhood replayed exactly -" DIAMOND - precious stone ; A hard carbon which goes through many tough process before it attains it's final state - diamond . Every one look and admire diamond but somehow fear to be one - Diamond ".

Life is no different to nature's rules.Similar to nature , we have to go through high and low points at some point or the other in Life. When we are at the high point we hardly pay any heed to other(s) view - good or bad. But , when we are at low point of life we start cribbing about it. We are sure that outcome of this dark phase of life brings out the right potential which is unseen ; I feel it's the idea of the journey - going through dark/rough phase -- shivers down our spine.

DARK is not that you choose
It's the  CHANCE

DARK is not that determines you
It's the  ATTITUDE

DARK is not that you are inclined for
It's the STRENGTH

DARK is not that  pulls you down
It makes you BETTER

DARK is not that frame you want to be 
It's the LIGHT

DARK is not always dark
It's the NEW YOU EMERGED

                                                  © Rahul Raghotham
      

2 comments:

  1. Yet again an unique theme. Nice article. I liked the way you processed such a complex thought and put it into an article and all so seamlessly.

    Dark, often taken in a negative connotation but has a positive side too. It's the dark which makes us value light so much. You might have heard this amusingly romantic line- "When I close my eyes I see you!!". I always use to laugh at this line, hopelessly romantic. Then I read a quote by Paulo Coelho in his book Brida, "When I close my eyes, I see nothing. And in that nothingness, I SEE U"... Damn, so true! It's in dark that you see what you really wish or what you really want. It some where connects with our deeper selves and by paying heed to that darkness, we walk towards the real light.

    I'm glad that you picked up this theme. I liked the Diamond part the most and your poem, yet another wow!

    Keep writing and keep posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. We realize the most important things in DARK , may be we are so focused on what we want than what we have.
      Paulo- A gem of a person, who writes things in so minute details that you tend to relate it !
      Thanks for the support :-)

      Delete